Thursday, September 2, 2010

Seriously?!?


I love our kids' Principal and always enjoy seeing her. However today when she called I was not pleased to hear from her. She was calling to tell me Sawyer was hurt and probably had a broken arm. This is not the frist time I have had this call from the school. The last time it was both arms. I knew when I saw him that it was not going to be good. He was pale and wet with sweat. His arm was obviously broken. The ER nurse took him straight to a room and asked all the typical questions (how, when?) and a few I wasn't sure about. Apparently it looked to her like he would need surgery and she needed very specific info on what and when he had eaten and drunk.

Having seen the xrays last time I knew what I was watching for and was surprised not to see anything on the first one. The second one (different angle) showed a fracture to the L Radius. I have come to believe that God did a bit of mending on the way to the xray. He will be in a splint until he gets in to the Ortho for a cast. He wants a bright green one this time.

He will be fine and is sleeping peacefully thanks to some ibuprophen pm.

No comments: