Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Commited

So I have totally avoided telling people that I am signed up to "run" a half marathon in May. I think I wanted at backdoor out if I changed my mind. I paid for it in January and have been training since then. I am five weeks and five days out from my FIRST half marathon. Now I am truly getting excited. I have been training with two great friends and I can really see improvement in my endurance and strength. Rose is my friend who loves to take me to places with great views. These views are only visible after a few miles of uphill jogging. I really hated them in the begining, then I saw them as an investment, now I actually kind of like them. (Not all of them, but most of them) Barb is my friend who runs fast. She is kind to me and is willing to slow down. Her speed slowed down is still a challenge to me so I do my speed work with her.
My average mileage per week is at 25 miles. I knew I was hooked on running when I started planning my next run before I finished the run I was on. Sebastian found a T-shirt I want that says "My sport is Your sport's punishment". My family all think I'm nuts but they do join my on Sunday's with their bikes.
So now I am commited.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah!! Good for you. I ran my first half marathon in September. Don't go too fast!!!!!! Have fun.