Thursday, April 5, 2012

Phlebotomy

I have been in school on and off for the last few years. I have finally finished my prerequisites for the Radiological Technology program. Unfortunately the waitlist for this program is about two years. I have sought wise counsel (thanks Cyndi and Rose) and decided that I need to do something to get some clinical experience while I wait.
This week I began the Phlebotomy (drawing blood) program. I am fairly excited but also scared. The classroom portion of the program is one month then I will participate in an externship for 100 hours. I hope to work part-time or per-deim this summer and pick up more hours in the fall.
I have not worked full time in more years than I can count and I am really apprehensive about trying to appear professional. My boys keep saying that I will be like an assasin. I will get paid to stab people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need.
phlebotomy certificate program